Afternoon Tea in Pangbourne
What could be more quaint than a traditional afternoon tea at The Herd?
It’s a fantastic alternative to our unique steak experience! Enjoy our fluffy homemade finger sandwiches, sweet treats and much more.
Our Afternoon Tea is accompanied by our remarkable selection of wonderful Novus Loose leaf teas, presented in our clear glass brewing pot and hour glass timer, ensuring you have the most perfectly brewed loose leaf tea.
The History of Afternoon Tea
Be sure to enjoy the best afternoon tea in Pangbourne!
The creation of this thoroughly English institution is credited to a lifelong friend of Queen Victoria, Anna Maria Russell, who was looking for a means of avoiding hunger pains in the long gap between an early lunch and a late supper.
At The Herd, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to eat like a king or queen, which is why we offer a FANTASTIC afternoon tea!
You can visit us with friends and enjoy a fantastic afternoon, or you could buy one of our gift vouchers as a thoughtful gift for someone else.
- Finger sandwiches
- Smoked salmon, dill cream, cucumber
- Godminster organic cheddar, homemade tomato chutney (V)
- House cooked Vicars’ Game ham, Mustard Mayonnaise
- Sweet treats
- Fruit scones & plain scones, Devon clotted cream, jam
- Rum ball lollypops
- Coconut panna cotta & pineapple jelly
- Mini raspberry cheesecake
- Blueberry red velvet cake
- Chocolate & orange mousse
- Belgium dark chocolate & walnut tart
- Lemon drizzle cake
£17.95 per person
Add a glass of Prosecco and some sparkle to the occasion for £5 per person
Sunday to Friday 12-5pm (24 hour notice required).
Call us on 0118 984 2244 to book your table.